The first way, online. This way of course you already understand, either manually or automatically. You simply connect to the internet then click the "Run Update" on your application, Kaspersky will update the database, and you're just waiting for it to finish.
However, in this way than take a long time you can not be resumed if your internet disconnected during the update process is running. This certainly would be a problem if you do update the first time since installing Kaspersky on your computer, because Kaspersky will download a file that is large enough to update especially if your internet connection is slow.
Therefore, on this occasion I will share with you how to make offline update on KIS 2012. In this way, even if you cancel / pause the update process or your internet connection broken during the update process is running, and if one day you want to continue it, you do not need to wait for the process goes from the beginning because it resumes.
Okay, let's begin!
1. Download "KLUpdater.zip" from http://support.kaspersky.com/updater?level=2
2. Then do extract the file. The file contains :
3. Double click on the file "KasperskyUpdater.exe" and perform the following configuration:
note: you can make configuration changes as needed.
- I am using KIS 2012 so I only download the update files only for KIS 2012
- I enable filters to limit the files to be downloaded for not too large. You could disable this feature if you want updates to all versions of KIS 2012.
4. If the configuration settings are finished, click the "Apply" then "start"
5. Command prompt window will appear and give testimony that the download is in progress.
If you cancel this process or your Internet connection is lost, you can continue it later without having to download again from beginning.
7. Downloaded file is saved in the directory "temp" folder. temp directory is located on KLUpdater.zip extract the folder in step 1.
8. If the download process has completed, then the files in the folder "Temp" folder will be converted to "Updates" folder.
9. If the download has finished, you can perform updates on your KIS 2012 offline by using a source on the folder "updates" are.
Then click "Run update"